ITHACA is based in the Politecnico di Torino campus Cittadella Politecnica: a modern complex adjoining the main building, including areas dedicated to students, research activities, technological transfer and services.
How to get to ITHACA
Torino Caselle (also known as Sandro Pertini Airport) is located 16 km from Torino city centre.
- The SADEM bus service between the city centre and Torino Airport has several stops enroute including Porta Susa railway station that is at walking distance from ITHACA. One-way fare: 6.50€ (+1,00 € aboard). Journey time: 45/50 minutes.
- The taxi fare is about 30/50€ to reach downtown Torino, and the travel time is approximately 30 minutes.
- The Car Hire companies’ offices are located inside the multi-storey car park and in the Arrival lounge.
- A railway links the airport to Torino Dora Railway Station. If you plan to stay in Torino city centre or get to ITHACA it is NOT recommended.
Malpensa is the intercontinental airport of the city of Milan and northern Italy's main hub. The airport is located 50km northwest of central Milan and about 150km from Torino.
- The connection from Torino City Center to Milano Malpensa airport is granted by a service operated by SADEM. The closest bus stops are Torino Bus Terminal in c.so V. Emanuele II 131/H and Porta Susa railway station in c.so Bolzano 42 (SADEM bus stop n. 246) that are at walking distance from ITHACA. One way fare is 22€. Journey time: 2 hours. Check the timetable and make a reservation.
- The Malpensa Express train from Terminal 1 can reach Milano Centrale and Milano Porta Garibaldi stations in about 40 minutes. Both stations offer high speed train connections to Torino (see section "Arriving by train")
- If you wish to hire a car at Milano Malpensa airport you can reach Torino via motorways in about 1:40 minutes.
Arriving By Train
Torino is connected to the main Italian and foreign railway stations and it is an important link beetween France and Switzerland through the railways tunnels. High speed trains connect Torino with Lyon/Paris (SNCF) and Milan/Rome (Frecciarossa and Italo).
Arriving By Car
For those coming from Aosta Valley (A5), Lombardy (A4 and A21), Liguria (A26-A21 and A6), from France (A32) or from the rest of Piedmont, every motorway converges on Torino's ring road (A55). Most parking around the Politecnico area is allowed inside the blue lines against payment only on weekdays. Standard charge for one hour 1.50 €
Moving in Torino
- ITHACA facility is at 12 minutes (900 metres) walking distance from Torino Porta Susa station and 22 minutes (1.8 km) from Torino Porta Nuova station.
- Ordinary urban ticket is 1.50 €. More information about fares and directions at GTT website.
- The Torino Underground connects the Fermi station in Collegno through the Lingotto station in Torino. Ordinary urban ticket is 1.50 €. More information about fares at GTT website. Vinzaglio is the closest station to ITHACA.
- You can call or book a taxi: Radio Taxi 011 5730; Pronto Taxi 011 5737. Ask the driver to go to Corso Castelfidardo 30/a (closest) and NOT Via Boggio 61, which is our LEGAL address.
If you choose to stay closed to the venue, these are the suggested hotels.
- NH Hotel Ambasciatori
Address: Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 104
Distance from ITHACA: 650m
- Best Quality Hotel Politecnico
Address: Corso Peschiera, 117Bis
Distance from ITHACA: 800m